We are a group of volunteers in Stutton; our purpose is to make sure that anyone in the village who needs support from time to time gets the help they need, and that no-one is left struggling for want of assistance.
We are not here to replace the friends and neighbours whom you usually call on, but if, for any reason, your usual support is not available, we’re here to help with:-
- Transport, for instance to a doctor’s or hospital appointment. We will ask you to contribute 45p per mile to the driver’s costs, but if you really can’t afford that, then the network will pay the driver’s costs.
- Minor tasks around the home: maybe you need a lightbulb changed and you feel unsteady on ladders – don’t risk falling, give us a call.
- Gardening: not on a regular basis, but if something specific needs doing and you are unable to do it, don’t get stressed about it, give us a call.
- Shopping; again, not on a regular basis, but if you find yourself without vital supplies and unable to get them, call the Network.
- Form-filling. Perhaps a form you need to fill in is bewildering you and you can’t work it out, don’t tear your hair out, ring us.
- Accessing the internet to compare prices of energy suppliers, insurance, etc
- Bad weather – if you’re snowed in and need someone to clear your path, you can’t do it, and there’s no-one else to call on, we can help.
There maybe other things we can do to help when you really need it. Don’t despair, don’t get into a state, ring us and we’ll try our best to help you out.
But please also be aware, we are not an emergency service.
When you ring, the Person on Call will take the details of the help you need, and will then contact one of our volunteers. If you get an answerphone when you ring, leave a message and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
You may prefer to contact us by email. If so, write to all the following addresses (on the same email). One of us will get back to you.
If you’d like to volunteer, or want to know more about volunteering, please click on ‘About’ above.